Garden Salad

>> Friday, February 13, 2009

This is what I made for my lunch today. I'm eating raw during the day and then having a cooked supper. I know for years when I thought of a salad it was in a small bowl or on the side of a plate. This salad is a meal, you have to remember that when you make it. Here's what I did:

1/2 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
1/2 garden cucumber, diced
2 stalks celery chopped
handful cherry tomatoes slice in half
1/2 orange bell pepper chopped
maybe a 1/3 cup of chopped broccoli
1/2 avocado diced
1/2 cup chick peas, rinsed

For a dressing I just used 2 TB Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and juice of one lime
Topped it off with a bit of fresh ground pepper and sea salt.

The whole salad has approximately 397 calories. You could leave out either the chickpeas or the avocado if you wanted about 100 calories less. But since I'm still breastfeeding I needed the protein from the chickpeas and the fat from the avocado will sustain you longer also. Regardless it's much less than a meal from McD's and far healthier. :)

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP