Treasure the Moments

>> Thursday, April 9, 2009

Madeline Alice Spohr
November 11, 2007 - April 7, 2009

Tuesday night little 17 month old Maddie left her mom and dad to join the angels in Heaven. I didn't know this little girl. I didn't even know her mom other than by reading her blog, but I couldn't help but feel immense sadness for their family. I look at my children and I can't even begin to imagine the pain.

As their tragic loss has been on my mind the last 2 days, I have been trying to take more time and just sit and play with my kids. Talking to them, giving them little extra hugs. It's sad that it takes something like this to make me realize that the cleaning will wait, it doesn't matter if the laundry isn't put away. What really matters is enjoying the time we have with our children. They grow up so fast. Childhood is over in a minute. Relish every moment you can.

Donations can be made to March of Dimes or to her parents to help with expenses. Information to send cards or packages and for services for Maddie can be found here.

1 comments:

stephanie April 10, 2009 at 2:23 AM  

How loving & thoughtful of you to take time for this family.

I've been trying more often to not wait until I'm sadly reminded of life's fragility to spend those extra minutes with my kids.

be well*

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP