Menu Plan Monday May 25 - 29

>> Monday, May 25, 2009


Happy Memorial Day to all my friends and family in the States. I hope that you all have a great day and I imagine many of you will be having or attending BBQ's today. Enjoy the extra day of the weekend. I love long weekends. I think we should have more of them ;).

This week's menu for the raw vegan part is going to be a bit different. I am still struggling trying to get back to the level of raw I was once doing. So I have decided rather than beat myself up for whatever cooked food I end up eating, I'm going to allow myself the opportunity to have cooked food at supper if I desire it. That was how I initially started on my raw journey and it really helped. Eventually I got to the point I didn't desire any cooked food, and then shortly after I got derailed from the path. I've just struggled since then to get back to where I felt I should be on raw eating. So my menu this week isn't going to be as detailed, I'm going back to beginnings and simple eating.

Raw Vegan Menu {Monday - Saturday}

Breakfast - Green Smoothie

Lunch - Pink or Green Smoothie or Salad or mono-meal (I'm allowing options based on what I am craving, if I am wanting to chew or if I am short on time mono-meals are great).

Supper - Big salad & a portion of whatever I cooked, if I desire it.

Dessert - Almond milk & frozen fruit shake (if I am craving something sweet after supper).

Regular Cooked Menu {Monday - Friday}
With printable recipe cards (click pics to save and print) & links to original recipes where noted.

Monday - Salisbury Steaks, Mashed Potatoes & Mixed Veggies
(I'll include a recipe card for the Salisbury steaks, but tonight I'll be making this with leftover grilled burgers from last night & just a simple beef gravy.)



Tuesday - Rosemary Pork Chops on the grill, Noodles and Steamed Broccoli

Wednesday - Grilled Chicken Tenderloins (Without the grill!), Crash Hot Potatoes, Salad

Thursday - Sloppy Joes (Manwich) on homemade buns, Oven Fries & Corn (Carried over from last week, it was too hot in the house to make buns.)



Friday - Calzones & Salad


I hope you enjoy this weeks menu. Please leave a comment if you have any thoughts, questions or if you try a recipe from my menu. I would LOVE to hear what you have to say.
For more menu planning ideas and lots of links head over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie and at Chive Talkin.

5 comments:

Miss Lisa May 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Do you have the pink and green smoothie recipes?
Everything sounds so yummy! I need to get a raw food cookbook after reading this!

Miss Lisa May 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

Thank you for the recipes :)

Laura May 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Love the recipe cards, great stuff! Have a wonderful week :)

Laura

surban May 26, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

I have not had Salisbury Steak for a long time, I'll have to try your recipe!

Jenna @ blog.chivetalkin.com May 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

You amaze me! I love how you meal plan! The recipe cards are fabulous... the crash potatoes sound delish! I am sorry about Mr. Linky this week. He has been behaving badly and I lost all my links. Hopefully, he'll be on the mend soon. Otherwise, please join in again next week, leaving your link in the comments. I love having you - thanks for inspiring me and many others! Cheers - Jenna

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP