Holiday Grand Plan - Week One

>> Sunday, August 30, 2009

Today is the day! It's the official start of the Holiday Grand Plan!  Are you excited?  A little nervous?  I am both of those things.;)  In case your not sure what I am talking about you can read all about it at Organized Christmas.

Week one is List and Porch Week. This is the week we will do all of our planning.  So don't feel as though since you didn't plan yet you can't join.  You've joined at the perfect time!

My goals for the week are: 

Lists: 

  • Finish setting up my holiday binder. It's mostly done, I just need to print off a few recipes and maybe design a new cover if I have time.
  • Make the following lists:
         * Start a master gift list
          * Christmas card list & list of designs to make
          * Menus for Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, New Years
          * Baking list (for us & gift-giving)
             - Molasses Cookies
             - Nauvoo Gingerbread Cookies
             - Chocolate No-Bake Macaroons
             - Oatmeal Cookies
             - Shortbread Cookies
             - Rolled Sugar Cookies
             - Chocolate Chip Cookies
             - Candies – Fudge, Toffee, Peppermint bark, Hard rock candy, Peanut brittle, Chocolate covered   pretzels, Buckeye balls
          *Freezer meals list (had a list but seems to have disappeared)

Chores:
  • Flylady zone 1 – for me that is dining room, patio & entrance
          * Outdoors
            -Paint front door
            -Buy new mat
            -Paint deck
            -Power wash front of house
            -Weed garden
          * Dining room
             - Plant in shower
            -Wash walls
            -Dust & clean wall art
            -Clean ceiling fan
            -Wash curtains
            -Clean windows & windowsills
            -Clean crystal
            -Clean tables & chairs
            -Vac area rug & mop floor

This is my "plan", now how much of that I actually accomplish may be a different story.  The main thing is anything I do get accomplished is better than nothing at all.

So are you ready to get started? 
What are your plans going to be? 

I am so excited and eager to get started and to share the next 18 weeks with all of you. And, remember-make this plan (or any other plan you are using) your own. Pleas link up your blog using Mr. Linky if you are going to attempt to join me on Sundays to plan for the upcoming week & discuss how we did the previous week.

3 comments:

DIANE IN DENMARK August 31, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Hi Krista

I *LOVE* Christmas planning, it's the only thing that keeps me going throughout the Danish autumn and winter :)

Had a look at the website you suggested, but it's a bit too confusing (though I liked the gift ideas).

Will just use my FlyLady holiday planner - which I've used and added to over the past 3 years. I just need to print out clean Master Gift Lists.

Can't wait! Thanks for doing this :)
Diane

Krista September 3, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

I tried the flylady one once. It was ok, but for me it was too short - I still felt a bit on the rushed side, especially when it comes to the baking/freezer meals part.

Unknown September 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

I'm in... :-)

Kelly

http://kellyquinn.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP