Menu Plan Monday - August 8 - 14

>> Monday, August 10, 2009


I'm back for the second week in a row! Yay me! :) Last week I was asked to be in a friend's wedding next summer. While I was really honored that she felt I was important enough in her life to share that special day with her in such a way, I was horrified that I would have to have my picture taken. Not just once, but likely many many times.

Needless to say I've spent the past week thinking about what I need to do to make myself at least comfortable with having my picture taken. I don't want my insecurities/self-conciousness to get in the way of her special day. Given that I have a year to make this happen, I think it's definitely do-able. Not in the put it off kind of way but in the way to lose weight in a healthy way and learn to keep it off. I'm not aiming to look like a model or anything, just to look better and be healthier.

I've been working on eating raw for...oh wow for 7 months now. I know the benefits, I feel the benefits on the days when I am able to stick to about 90% raw. Those days are few and far between though. I have the best of intentions, but we all know habits die hard. When you've eaten cooked food all your life and you love food, not just eating it but cooking it as well, it's really hard (for me) to just turn my back on all that yummy goodness. So what to do? Well, I think I'm going to take a "Fit for Life" approach. I'm going to do my best at eating raw foods until supper time and then allow myself cooked foods. I'll include a salad or a heafty serving of veggies of course. I still want to do my green smoothies at least once a day as well. I do have to get a new blender though (yes, again!). The one I just bought - I was making margaritas one night and the glass pitcher cracked all the way up the side. :( I really wish I could afford to get a BlendTec. Ahhh well maybe one day.

I'm also going to start doing some sort of exercise daily. Yes, Daily...every single day. :) I have the Wii Fit, and the Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Workout so both of those would really help me. I know not every day I will be able to do that. So I'm thinking on the days that I can't get on the Wii I'll at least do the No Excuses Workout (free 6 minute one) a couple times a day. Something is better than nothing, right? Eventually I would like to try shredding, but let's not get too far ahead of myself. :)

Well enough about all that, let's get to the menu for this week!

Raw Vegan Menu {Monday - Saturday}

Breakfast - Will mostly likely be mono-meals of fruit. Watermelon, peaches, grapefruit. For those that don't know what a mono-meal is; it's where you eat only one thing (i.e. peaches) until you are satisfied. It doesn't matter if it takes 2 or 5. Just eat until you are satisfied.

Lunch - Probably be a big salad, or just cut up veggies in a big bowl to munch on as I please.

Supper - Whatever is on the cooked menu, making sure I have lots of veggies (steamed lightly or raw)

Dessert - Since the blender is out of use, it'll have to be some fruit.

Regular Cooked Menu {Monday - Friday}
With printable recipe cards (click pics to save & print) and links to original recipes.

Please note - I use organic, local ingredients when possible. Also the recipes usually call for all- purpose flour. I usually use a mix of 1/2 whole wheat & 1/2 white or just all whole wheat. Remember a recipe is just something to go by, feel free to change them up for health/your family's tastes.

Breakfast:

  • Monday - Cereal
  • Tuesday - Fresh fruit & cinnamon toast
  • Wednesday - Old Fashioned Blueberry Oatmeal
  • Thursday - Waffles & fresh fruit
  • Friday - Fresh fruit & yogurt

Lunch:

  • Monday - Ham Sandwiches & side salad
  • Tuesday - Quesadillas (on homemade tortillas) & homemade salsa
  • Wednesday - Egg salad sandwiches w/carrot & celery sticks
  • Thursday -Pasta and tomato based sauce
  • Friday - Tuna salad sandwiches & raw veggies

Supper:

Saturday - Went to the cottage & in-laws brought supper

Sunday - Grilled steaks, sautéed mushrooms & onions, boiled new potatoes, corn on the cob, creamy coleslaw, and brownies



Monday
- Grilled steak and veggie sandwiches on mini French baguettes (use leftover steak, mushrooms & onions), Crash Hot Potatoes (using leftover potatoes), steamed fresh green beans, and leftover coleslaw.

Tuesday - Calzones and Salad

Wednesday - Pasta Sans Fagioli, Garlic Cheese Rolls & Salad (didn't have last week, because we had tons of leftover carnitas to eat)



Thursday - Grilled burgers, oven fries & veggies

Friday - Ordering Pizza (last day before heading out of town for the weekend) or use up leftovers.

So there you have my plan for this week. Let me know what you think! :) If you would like to see more menu planning ideas head over to Laura's @ I'm an Organizing Junkie. Also go over to Chive Talkin to see other great flexitarian, vegetarian, raw, whole foods, seasonal, local, gluten free menu plan ideas.

3 comments:

Erica Brook August 10, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Really nice menu. I have tried to go raw a few times myself but I guess I am just a meat girl at heart! Like you I could really see the benefits when I was on it though. Have a great week.

Niki Jolene August 10, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

Oooh, those crash potatoes sound yummy! Great menu you've got there.

Come by and visit me over at Free2Be Frugal.

:)

jenna @ blog.chivetalkin.com August 10, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

Hey! Good to see you working on a lifestyle change that will be easily adaptable - going raw, vegan until supper - and highly beneficial to your body and health goals. Great menu plan and thanks again for joining in at the Chivetalkin Blog Roll. I love having you! Cheers! :-D

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP