Crafty Tuesday - Kool Aid® Play Dough

>> Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm finally back for another addition of Crafty Tuesday!  This project I did with little E a few week ago actually & I'm finally posting it for you all.  I thought for sure I took pictures as we mixed it up but I can't seem to find them.  At least I have a picture of the finished product for you. :)



This was really fun to make and smell!  E is too little to really enjoy the fun of helping make it (have to use boiling water), but he definitely had a great time playing with the play dough for the first time.  I've been making this play dough for about 13-14 yrs now.  It is so much fun!  I love that just by adding the Kool Aid® packets you get great colors and smells.  The kids love it too!  Plus unlike the store bought stuff it doesn't crumble and find a new home in your carpet so easy and it lasts a really long time.  I keep it in Ziploc bags stored in the fridge.

Here is the recipe so you can go make some with your kids this week.

Kool Aid® Play Dough

Ingredients:
  • 2 pkgs. kool-aid®
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 2 Tbsp oil 
  • 2 cups boiling water
Directions:
  1. Combine flour, salt, kool-aid®, and oil and mix until water is ready, then add water (be very careful)
  2. Have an adult pour water and stir with spoon until cool enough for child to touch and mix thoroughly with hands. Then let child have the time of his/her life.
Talk about the way the play dough feels, how it smells, the color, what the child wants to make, ect. Most of all have fun!!

1 comments:

Peasinapod October 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

I love this post....will definitely be doing the play dough recipe this weekend with the kids!

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP