Menu Plan Monday - September 28 - October 2

>> Monday, September 28, 2009


Can you believe the first of October is Thursday? Where does the time go?  It seems like the kids just started school last week and here we are heading into October.  Wow!  I'm going to make a good effort to get the house decorated for autumn and Thanksgiving this week.  I think the kids would enjoy that.  I think our Harvest Festival downtown will be happening soon.  That's always a fun thing to do.  I must check on that, it seems like that is usually the first weekend in October.  They also unveil the pumpkin people that weekend as well, and that is so much fun.  We try to pick a fairly decent weekend day sometime while they are up and take the kids out to get pictures with them.  I'll post a few when we do go.  So cute!


Yesterday I made some of the best zucchini bread ever!  It was a chocolate zucchini bread & I modified the recipe a bit to make it  a bit healthier.  If you would like to try and make some for your family you can find my recipe here.

This weeks menu is probably going to be different than what you are used to seeing here.  This week and probably for a while I am going to include my toddler menu.  I'm basically off the raw diet.  Just for now. I want to go back to it sometime, it's just so expensive to eat that way.  I do feel better when I eat that way too so I know eventually I'll go back to it, just not right now.  That said, I am still going to be having a green smoothie each day.  I need the iron from the greens and the best way to get it, is from the smoothies.  We tend to not chew as well as we should (ever notice the belly ache you get when you eat a lot of raw veggies?) so having the blender do all the work and slowly sipping on the smoothie really helps the digestion of those veggies and we get better benefits from them that way.

So here is this weeks plan:

Breakfast: {pretty much all the kids & I will have the same breakfast}

Monday: Iron-boosted Oatmeal w/a few frozen mixed berries added, juice
Tuesday: Whole grain waffle, diced fruit and 1/4 cup milk
Wednesday: Cottage Cheese -n- fruit, cinnamon toast squares (whole grain bread lightly toasted)
Thursday: French toast, diced fruit, and 1/4 cup milk
Friday: Cream of Wheat (w/cinnamon & organic sugar), fruit and 1/4 cup milk

Mid-Morning Snack: {I'll be having green smoothie & E will likely want to share that too}

Monday: Orange Slices & 1/4 cup milk
Tuesday: Cereal snack & 1/4 cup milk
Wednesday: Muffin & 1/4 cup milk
Thursday:  No-salt bread sticks & hummus dip
Friday:  Fruit slices & 1/4 cup milk

Lunch: {Evan & I will likely have the same lunch}

Monday: Baked chicken nuggets, baked sweet potato fries, diced peaches & 1/4 cup milk
Tuesday:  Whole Wheat cheese pizza, soft cooked veggie sticks & 1/4 cup milk
Wednesday: Vegetable Soup, cheese dough sticks, diced fruit & 1/4 cup milk
Thursday:  Leftover mac & cheese, 1/4 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup milk
Friday: Chicken quesadillas, diced fruit & 1/4 cup milk

Afternoon Snack: {I will have the rest of my smoothie & likely share w/ E}
Monday: French biscuits & 1/4 cup milk
Tuesday: no-salt bread sticks & hummus dip
Wednesday: Apple bread pudding
Thursday: Orange slice & 1/4 cup milk
Friday: yogurt & graham cracker

Supper: {the same for everyone!}
Monday: Potato Kielbasa Skillet and salad


Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie and Salad









Wednesday: Crock pot macaroni & cheese with ham slices, green beans and rolls









Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Pizza

So that's the plan for this week.  How is your menu plan coming along?  If you need more ideas head over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie for a couple hundred more places you can check out for ideas :)

1 comments:

Amy Brown,  September 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

delish, can I come live at your house?

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP