Holiday Grand Plan - Week Seven

>> Sunday, October 11, 2009


Photo from puttytat's photostream on Flickr

Here we are starting off week seven already. How was your week last week? Did you get as much done as you had hoped?  I did a little better this past week.  Didn't get everything done on my list but that's OK.  I got a lot done, and the house is getting there.  One thing I didn't get done last week was my fall/Thanksgiving decorating.  The kids haven't said anything about it so I don't feel too horrible.  But I am determined to get the stuff out this week and decorate for Halloween.  I am going to do it.  I love decorating but the box is at the back of the storage cabinet and I am dreading digging it out - that's why it isn't done yet.  This week I will do it though.  The kids will be glad I'm sure, since they are starting to see other houses start to get decorated.

Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving.  This year is the first year ever that it will be just us.  I am really looking forward to a nice, relaxing day.  No pressure to cook and make sure the house stays clean for company. Just going to enjoy the day and cook a Turkey.  Whenever everything is done we will eat.  Should be a nice day.  Check back tomorrow to see what we are having. :)

The Holiday Grand Plan focus for this week is on the Guest Bedroom.  I don't have one of those so I will not be doing that room.  I'll be working on Flylady zone 3.

My goals for the week are:

*Holiday Prep*
  1. Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  2. Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  3. Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  4. Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
  5. Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  6. Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
  7. Decorate for Halloween.
*Chores - Flylady zone 3, for me that is the Bathroom & Bean's room *
     1. Bathroom
          - Wash rug, linens & shower curtain
          - Wash walls
          - Dust vents & fan
          - Wash light fixtures
          - Clean window, windowsill & screen
          - Scrub tub, toilet, sink & counter
          - Clean & organize cabinets and drawers
          - Empty & wash trash can
          - Sweep & mop floor

      2. Bean's Bedroom
          - Wash walls
          - Wash curtains & blinds
          - Wash light fixtures
          - Clean windows, windowsills & screen
          - Wash bedding & pillows
          - Vacuum & flip mattress
          - Straighten drawers & closet
          - Dust furniture
          - Clean under bed
          - Sweep & mop floor

Hopefully I am able to get a lot of this accomplished.  I'm thinking if I can get the bathroom done during the week, then on Saturday Bean and I can work together and get her room shiny.

What are your holiday prep plans for this week?  
Are you starting to feel more relaxed about the up coming holidays?  

Be sure to stop over and see how my friends who are also doing the Holiday Grand Plan are making out with their goals.
Candace at Diary of a FlyBaby
Diane at DianeDenmark {Recipe for Christmas Cake to bake next weekend}
Pippa at A Mother's Ramblings

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP