25 Days of Christmas 2009

>> Thursday, November 26, 2009

This will be the fourth year I have done the 25 days of Christmas for the kids. Every year the kids look forward to finding out what we will do that day to celebrate the coming of Christmas. I find that doing this it makes us slow down and really enjoy the holidays. So many times Christmas is such a rush - getting gifts bought & wrapped, baking and cooking, parties and all of that fun stuff - that it's easy to forget to stop and just enjoy it. I just love Christmas and everything to do with it and I know the kids do too. I do this so they have some good fun memories of Christmas. Not just memories of it being over so fast.

This year I'm going to add a little something to our usual list. I'm going to make it an Advent chain. I saw a this picture on flikr


and I decided I wanted to make this.  I made up 25 origami envelopes and inside I am putting each of the 25 activities we will do.  The kids saw the envelopes last night when I was stamping the numbers on them and asked what they were for. I went ahead and told them and they are already excited. :)  Here is what we will be doing from December 1st through the 25th.
  1. Write letters to Santa
  2. Make holiday Rice Krispie treats 
  3. Red & green night - supper will be all red & green
  4. Family Christmas party at Bean's school
  5. Christmas video
  6. Decorate the Christmas tree
  7. Christmas bingo night
  8. Dinner & a movie (Meatloaf, mashed potatoes & A Christmas Story)
  9. Crystal Snowflakes 
  10. Make magic reindeer food 
  11. Go see Santa & have pictures taken
  12. Hand & foot print reindeer craft 
  13. PJ Day! Lots of munchies & Christmas programs
  14. Christmas shopping for parents & siblings
  15. Wrap gifts & listen to Christmas music
  16. Christmas cards & gifts for teachers
  17. Make popcorn balls
  18. Christmas movie with popcorn & hot chocolate
  19. Candy making day - fudge, buckeyes, chocolate covered pretzels and peppermint bark
  20. Decorate sugar & gingerbread cookies
  21. Winter Solstice celebration 
  22. Drive around the neighborhood to see all the lights & decorations
  23. Deliver gift baskets to friends, listen to Christmas music in the car
  24. Make Gingerbread house (morning/afternoon), Supper @ Chinese Resturant, Track Santa, Watch The Polar Express
  25. Merry Christmas! Have fun & enjoy spending the day together!
I also have a few other activities planned if the weather cooperates. I would like to take the kids to Christmas in the Country at New Ross Farm Museum on December 6th.  If we get some decent snow we'll do some coasting and maybe a sleigh ride if we can.

Do you do the 25 Days of Christmas with your family?  What activities do you have planned?  I hope you are getting excited for the holidays. :)

    2 comments:

    Amy Brown,  November 26, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

    This is such a great idea, I'm so excited for your kids lol!! I'll have to organize something like this myself! way to go!

    flybabyf November 28, 2009 at 4:57 AM  

    Love the idea ... ! Not ready for it this year, hopefully next year! Thanks for sharing!

    Post a Comment

    Share/Bookmark
    Related Posts with Thumbnails

    Blogroll

    simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

    Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

    Back to TOP