Crafty Tuesday - Gourmet Hot Chocolate Holders

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It is has been so long since I've had time to craft. Based on my blog it was back in October - that's sad. Today I had some time and I made a cute little holder to put a gourmet hot chocolate inside. I've seen lots of people make some sort of holder for hot cocoa around Christmas time to give as little gifts, but I thought hey, it's still cold and snowy so what would be better than hot chocolate.  I made 3 of these today, one for Bean's teacher and one for each of Bub's teachers.



What you will need:
  • 2 sheets coordinating card stock (I used Stampin' Up!® Brocade Blue and Whisper White)
  • Circle punch
  • Double sided adhesive tape
  • Ribbon 
  • Scoring tool
  • Stamp
  • Stamp Pad (I used Stampin' Up!® Brocade Blue) 
  • Snowflakes Cuttlebug® embossing folder (or other folder or none)
  • Paper Cutter
What you will need to do:
  1. Cut your main card stock (this will be the one for the holder)to 8 1/2″ x 6 3/4″
  2. Score your card stock the bottom edge at 1/2″ then score the cardstock at 1/2″ and 4 1/2″ vertically.
  3. Cut the corner where your two score lines cross.
  4. With that cut corner edge on your left hand side place a strip of adhesive just to the score line.
  5. Then turn your paper over and place adhesive on the bottom right side,just to the score line and along the long edge.
  6. At this point I folded all the edges in (do not remove protective strip from adhesive)and ran the paper through the sizzix® with the cuttlebug® folder.
  7. Fold up the bottom edge and adhere. Now remove the other strip of protective cover from the bottom right and fold over adhering to the bottom left. Now the left 1/2 inch edge needs to fold in and adhere to the inside of the front flap.
  8. Use your circle punch and cut a half circle in the top of your pouch.
  9. Use your stamp on your 2nd color card stock and adhere that to your pouch using adhesive.
  10. I used my cropadile® and punched a hole at the top of the hot cocoa package and tied on a long piece of ribbon.



I hope you liked this week's craft and that it doesn't take me as long to craft again next time. ;)

For a picture tutorial on how to make the hot chocolate holders check out Deena's site A Necessary Creativity.
To see more Crafty Tuesday crafts head over to my friend Diane's site DianeDenmark and check out the awesomely fun craft she did with her kids this week.

Are you crafting on Tuesdays and want to be linked? Just leave me a comment to your crafty blog post and I'll link to you too!

Now go get your craft on! :)

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP