Menu Plan Monday - January 23 - 29

>> Monday, January 25, 2010


I'm back for another week of menu planning. I think this is the first time in awhile I haven't missed a week all month. Yay me! lol  So last week...last week was not a good food week for me.  I'm not sure what happened but I went way off with my menus.  Didn't eat as much raw food as I had planned, I did have some & regardless of it all, it was still healthier than I was eating before the holidays.  This week I want to do better though.  I am so sick of this roller coaster - one week good, the next not so much. Maybe I should spend some time figuring out why I do this?  One thing I am pretty sure of is that I am gluten sensitive.  I made bread twice last week and ate some of it.  I really suffered with a horrible stomach ache for a couple days after. I need to spend some time considering this, for sure.  I had planned to work on going gluten free but I was going to wait until I was really in a groove with my current plan.  Now I am not so sure.  I found a ning group last week that worked on transition to a raw diet. I think I need spend some time there, learning and asking questions. I must be missing some key ingredient or something.

I've also decided to change my "detox" day to Wednesday.  This will allow me a couple more days of meat-free suppers.  I'm trying to include two meat free meals for the whole family a week. If I can do a meal or two of raw foods at supper on opposite days that will be even better for me.

Anyhow on to this week's menu!

Raw Vegan Menu {Sunday - Saturday}

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Supper: 
  • Wednesday - Raw Chili
Toddler Menu {Monday - Friday}

Lunch: 
Snacks:
  • Monkey Platter
  • Orange wedge & Almond milk
  • Yogurt and Graham crackers
  • Cinnamon Swirl bread and Almond Milk
  • Bread sticks & Avocado Dip 
Regular Cooked Menu {Monday - Friday}

Please note - I use organic, local ingredients when possible. Also the recipes usually call for all- purpose flour. I usually use a mix of 1/2 whole wheat & 1/2 white or just all whole wheat. Remember a recipe is just something to go by, feel free to change them up for health/your family's tastes.

Breakfast:
  • Monday - Oatmeal, juice or milk
  • Tuesday - Waffles, juice or milk
  • Wednesday - Homemade fruit bread, yogurt, juice or milk
  • Thursday - Oatmeal, juice or milk
  • Friday -  Scrambled egg sandwich, juice or milk
Lunch: 
  • Monday - Tuna sandwich, crackers and cheese, Clementine, popcorn, juice & water
  • Tuesday - Salad, strawberries, yogurt, juice & water
  • Wednesday - Egg salad sandwich, apple slices, celery with cream cheese, juice & water
  • Thursday - Salad, orange wedges, pretzels, fruit bread, juice & water
  • Friday -  Bagel with cream cheese, yogurt, veggie sticks & pieces of fruit, juice & water
Supper:

There we have another week of menus. Be sure to check back during the week if you want a recipe for something; I'll be posting the recipes as I make them.  You'll also be able to find them at my recipe blog To Cook or Not to Cook.

Need more menu planning ideas? Then head over to Laura's @ I'm an Organizing Junkie. Also if your interested in more vegetarian, flexitarian or whole foods menus please check out Jenna's Mindful Menus.


Organizing JunkieMindful Menus

2 comments:

cjtoscano January 26, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

I am a mama of 4 boys and they like my husband are huge carnivores. I on the other hand try to maintain a vegan diet and would love to work on going raw. I find it so difficult with the boys and meal preparation for them and then for me. What you said also holds true for me, I feel like I am up and down a lot. I look forward to keeping up with you on your blog!

jenna/mindfulmenus/blogdotchivetalkindotcom January 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

I am constantly encouraged by your menu planning - wowsa, friend! Thanks again for joining in Mindful Menus - LOVE having you!

BTW... the "Love Birds" header is soooo sweet.

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP