Menu Plan Monday - January 3 - 8

>> Monday, January 4, 2010



Happy 2010 everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with your family.  It looks like I have forgotten my blog and all of you, but that's not true. I took a little time off to spend with the family and try to find a way to get everything accomplished that I needed to in my non-internet life.  Next time I'll try to leave you a note to let you know I'm taking a break.

It's a brand new year and I don't know about you, but I have been thinking a lot about where I want to find myself in the next year.  I have so many things I'd like to work on. (I'll post more of my other resolutions & goals later) I want to become a healthier me and yes, that absolutely does include losing some weight.  Part of my goal to get healthier/lose weight involves going back to eating raw foods.  I've decided that for now I'll eat raw foods until supper. Then at supper if I desire I'll eat what the family will be having, along with a nice salad or a good portion of lightly steamed veggies. I am very excited about this, because I know how good it is for me and I love how good I feel when I eat this way. I've also decided on Mondays I will do a cleanse by partaking of only green smoothies for the day. One day a week I plan to do 100% raw foods. If you're interested in the raw food recipes, you'll want to click recipes at the top and head over to that side of my blog. There will be updates daily.

In my menu plan I'll also include a regular menu that the kids and hubby will be enjoying. I'm going to leave off the toddler menu this week and see if I can get him to eat things from the regular menu or my menu.  I know he loves green smoothies and he usually picks out of my salads the things he likes so I'll just add on to those things this week.  After these week if I find he needs more then I'll go back to the toddler menu as well.

So starting the year off right here is my new (and lengthy) menu plan for this week:

Raw Vegan Menu {Monday - Saturday}

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Supper:
Regular Cooked Menu {Monday - Friday}


Please note - I use organic, local ingredients when possible. Also the recipes usually call for all- purpose flour. I usually use a mix of 1/2 whole wheat & 1/2 white or just all whole wheat. Remember a recipe is just something to go by, feel free to change them up for health/your family's tastes.

Breakfast:
  • Monday - Oatmeal, juice or milk
  • Tuesday - Waffles, juice or milk
  • Wednesday - Homemade fruit bread, yogurt, juice or milk
  • Thursday - Oatmeal, juice or milk
  • Friday -  Scrambled egg sandwich, juice or milk
Lunch: 
  • Monday - Tuna sandwich, crackers and cheese, Clementine, popcorn, juice & water
  • Tuesday - Salad, strawberries, yogurt, juice & water
  • Wednesday - Egg salad sandwich, apple slices, celery with cream cheese, juice & water
  • Thursday - Salad, orange wedges, pretzels, fruit bread, juice & water
  • Friday -  Bagel with cream cheese, yogurt, veggie sticks & pieces of fruit, juice & water
Supper:
That's it for this week. I'll be adding links to the recipes as we have them, so if your interested in a recipe make sure to check back here.  If you need more menu planning ideas  head over to Laura's @ I'm an Organizing Junkie. Also if your interested in more vegetarian, flexitarian or whole foods menus please check out Jenna's Mindful Menus.

4 comments:

Cathy @frugalgirl January 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

Good luck with all your "rawness." I should do more of it myself. I do love to juice whenever possible and smoothies every now and then. Have to make it a priority to incorporate both more on a regular basis!

Krista January 5, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

Thank you Cathy. I haven't been able to try out juicing yet. I have a juicer and a dehydrator on my wish list though. :) I know once I get a couple days into raw eating I will start feeling so much better - looking forward to that energy.

Thanks for stopping by :)

jenna/mindfulmenus/chivetalkindotcom January 5, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

Krista - I love the fact that you post both raw and cooked menu plans... so inspiring!!! I make banana carob "ice cream" using frozen bananas in the food processor. The kiddos love it!!! Thanks for joining in Mindful Menus - love having you!

Stephanie January 7, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Thanks for taking the time to share this. One of my goals for this year was to start eating healthier again. You're an inspiration!!! I'll be back! I came by to follow you from Community of Moms :)

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP