Last Minute Valentine's Treats

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

Yesterday Miss Bean brought home her class list with the announcement the Valentine's part would be happening on Monday. Okay, no problem I thought, that gives us all weekend to get something together. haha Yeah right! She ends up calling home this morning about 15 minutes into the school day; "Mom, I need Valentines for today". Yeah, that's my life.

So I started with making a batch of my chocolate chip cookies. Rather than using my cookie scoop i used a 1/8 cup measuring cup to make bigger cookies. If you want bakery size cookies I'd even go up too the 1/4 cup. I think the 1/8th cup made a big enough size for the kids though. Oh, I also baked them for the full 12 minutes.


While the cookies were baking I took a package of paper CD covers and used a heart stamp on the corners. On the back flap I wrote "From: Miss. Bean" (not really those words, but you get the idea) and I put the cooled cookie inside and closed the flap with a heart sticker.


The only thing I should have done was put the cookie on a square of waxed paper before sliding it into the package because you could see grease marks bleeding through the back by the time I took them to the school.  Oh well, we can't all be perfect ;) At least she has something cute to pass out to her classmates and the parents won't have to fight with their children about finally letting go of the valentine card 6 months from now. ;)

4 comments:

Cathy February 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

What a creative idea!! I love that!!!!

Krista February 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Thanks Angela & Cathy! :) I was very pleased with how they turned out even if I had to make them last minute. :) kids eh? lol

Hanners,  February 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Krista...you are a GENIUS!! If that isn't the cutest darn thing and you pull that rabbit out of your hat with no notice? You are...AMAZING.

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP