Blog "Spring Cleaning" - Day 1

>> Monday, March 8, 2010

 Day One - Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog

“An elevator pitch is an overview of an idea for a product, service, or project. The name reflects the fact that an elevator pitch can be delivered in the time span of an elevator ride (for example, thirty seconds or 100-150 words).”Wikipedia

Since last Friday I've been reading a series of blog posts written by my friend Cathy from Let's Be Green Together.  She's been participating in a Blog 'Spring Cleaning' Challenge hosted by Mariana from Riding With No Hands. Every post that has been written so far, I've read and thought oh I should do that or oh that's a great idea! Finally yesterday I started asking a few questions and this morning I decided to take the plunge and join the challenge. What do I have to lose other than the opportunity to learn something and possibly make my blog better. I'd be foolish not to participate right?

This morning Cathy offered to be my sounding board and help me work through some things about my blog.  I've known before this challenge that I really needed a tag line for my blog. When I decided on the name of my blog I felt it was a good choice for me but making a tag line was very difficult to come up with after the fact. We bounced some ideas back and forth, she asked some questions and we she came up with the best tag line for my blog -
Somewhat Normal, Mostly Unusual, Always Authentic  
Don't you just love it? I do! I think it fits me and my blog perfectly.  Thank you again Cathy!

I took a break after that to think about my blog and do some reading over on the ProBlogger site. I've really been struggling with my blog lately. To me it felt like I had no direction over here and I didn't know what to write about or what was okay for me to write about.  After reading I made a few lists and while the things I write about aren't going to drastically change I realize now that my blog has always had a direction I just wasn't aware of it. Once that was out of the way Cathy and I again spent sometime chatting (her cheering me on and really pushing me to be bold) and I think with her help I was able to come up with a pretty good pitch.
Hi, I’m Krista! Your resident eco-chick, craft loving, organizational freak and a rock star in the kitchen! I'm also a fantastic mom - just ask my kids! I love learning and sharing new ideas for natural parenting and creative family fun on a budget. So come back often and see what I’ll be rambling about next!


Speaking of rambling, one blog just wasn’t enough. You can also see what I’m cooking and organizing next at:


Home Organization 365


To Cook or Not to Cook
So what are your thoughts? Tell me what you think. If you're reading this I want to hear from you!

4 comments:

Cathy March 8, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

Oh, darn you!! You gave me too much credit. It was all inside you. I just helped bring it out. Thank you. I am truly flattered! And, you are a rock star at everything!
I am so glad you decided to take on this challenge and that we will be doing it at the same time. Big yay!

Krista March 9, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

You really did help a lot yesterday Cathy, very much appreciated. :) I'm really glad I decided to do this with you - it's great to have someone to bounce ideas around with and just chatting has been fun too!

Mariana March 10, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Krista, I love, love, LOVE your tagline. It is SO memorable, and that's really what you're going for when you want to create your 'personal brand' you know?

And your 'about me' is wonderful. It tells me a lot about you without being too wordy. I also think you incorporate your other two blogs perfectly, making me want to click over. :)

Oh, and Cathy IS pretty awesome, isn't she? ;)

Krista March 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Thank you very much Mariana :) I'm so happy with my tag line and my about me page and I'm glad to hear they are memorable and work! :)

Yes Cathy is awesome - I'm lucky to consider her a friend :)

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP