Mamavation Monday - May 3, 2010

>> Monday, May 3, 2010

Watch Lives Change So it's been a few weeks since I've written a post for Mamavation Monday. It's not because I've given up, although some of this may sound like I have. I'm taking a different approach to it with the help of Freeman Michaels and his book Weight Release: A Liberating Journey.  The just do it and diet is not working for me & hasn't worked for me in the past.  I've lost weight in the past only to find it again.  So this time I'm not losing anything, I'm working on releasing the weight. Figuring out why I use food the way I do and learning how to forgive and love myself.  I've only been in the process for a few weeks and Freeman has now graciously started giving me one on one coaching, but the process is far from easy.  I'm learning a lot about myself. Lots of it isn't easy to finally face but I'm going to stick with it.  This is the first time in my entire life that I feel like this is going to work.
So my scale has been put away. I haven't stepped on it in weeks. I'm not sure that I have lost weight..some days I feel like I have, but today isn't one of those days. I am working on making self-honoring choices when I want to turn to food for whatever reason (there are lots of reasons), and that isn't always easy.  I haven't been doing a "work-out" in awhile.  I still do my 6 minute #NEWO but that's about it.  I go for walks when the weather has cooperated.  But I haven't done a video workout or whatever in a few weeks. I just don't want to right now. I am thinking about it however, trying to think what I do want to do - what do I enjoy doing...I love swimming, love it.  Maybe I should see if there is somewhere I could go to swim laps or something hmmm.
As far as meal plans - well a few weeks ago I decided to be vegetarian (after viewing Earthlings).  I've been raw vegan off and on for two years so this isn't a big leap for me.  So as far as meals go, my meals are very healthy.  Even the snacks that are around the house aren't that bad (since nearly everything is homemade), but it's the quantity I eat it in, because I'm eating for something other than hunger..It's not even a binge - it's just if there are cookies on the counter I'll have one, and then I'll go back, and go back...you get the idea. I'm working on those self-honoring choices...I'm working on it.
So that's what's going on with me.  I'm sure as I move further along in the process I'll be adding in more real exercise and maybe one day I can use the scale again. But right now I just need to learn to love me for me - all of me, even the jiggly bits that I don't like.
Love ya sistas! You're all doing so well, I still read and watch the tweets but I feel like I'm not on the same playing level you are so I don't know what to say. And that is the reason I haven't written a Monday post in a few weeks.


mamavationsistahoodseal

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP