A New Beginning

>> Saturday, January 1, 2011

Every beginning has an end
Here we are at the start of a brand new year. I've been thinking about the end of 2010 and the start of a new year for a couple of weeks. There is something about a new year that is exciting to me. It's like an unopened book and I can't wait to see what is going to happen. 

I don't know about you but every year I've set New Year's Resolutions only to fail the same day or to start off strong and fade off a few weeks later.  This year I've decided to take a different approach. I'm going to set some intentions and keep in mind I have the whole year (and the rest of my life really) to make these intentions a reality. I'm really starting to understand that life really is a journey. I'm never going to fully arrive. You know what I mean? There is never going to be a day where I am able to say "okay, well I love myself enough now I don't need to work on that anymore". But to think that every day I can work on loving myself more and more; I can work on being a healthier me every single day; I can become a better mom & wife every day. Wow! What a journey this can will be!


My vision board created at Digital Dreamboard

Goals & Intentions for 2011

Physical Health & Fitness
  1.  Make good self-honoring choices when it comes to food
  2. Practice mindful eating
  3. *work on establishing a healthy relationship with food
  4. Exercise for at least 20 minutes every day
  5. *yoga *wii game *walk
  6. Go to sleep at a reasonable hour (10pm Every day)
Spiritual Health
  1. Make time for myself every day to take a hot bath or meditate
  2. Read a book or watch a movie each week that inspires me to think, feel, or do.
  3. Write morning pages
  4. *Complete The Artist’s Way
  5. Set a daily intention
  6. Read morning message from Good Morning
  7. Start a notebook with my favourite quotes
  8. (Emerson instructed us to “Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your reading have been to you like the blast of triumph out of Shakespeare, Seneca, Moses, John and Paul.”)
Personal Growth
  1. Set up & follow household routines; so I will have more time for fun
  2. Work towards establishing my self-worth/fall in love with myself
  3. Date myself for 1 hour every week
Family Goals
  1. Spend less time online in the evenings
  2. Plan activities for us to do as a family for fun (1 day or evening a week)
  3. *Dinner & a Movie *Local family outings *Family game night *Ask kids for ideas
  4. Complete the 20 Days to Being a More Mindful Mother blog challenge
Relationship with Spouse
  1. Complete the Love Dare
  2. Plan time to spend together alone to concentrate on building our relationship
  3. *Date night (out or at home)
  4. Practice really listening without rushing to judgement
  5. Practice communicating effectively
Goals for Fun!
  1. Blog every day (either on main blog and/or one of the sub-blogs)
  2. *Work on building my blog(s) *Comment on at least 5 blogs every day *Set up a blog routine & be able to have blogs in draft for future posting
  3. 365 Project – take a picture daily & put on Flicker
  4. Craft – Set aside time each week to create
  5. *get enough stuff made up to open up an etsy.com store
Financial Goals
  1. Create & Follow a budget
  2. Think about money in abundance
Business Goals
  1. Enter accounting weekly
  2. Set up monthly in-store classes
  3. Create website for the store
  4. Be more active on social networking sites
Did you set any new year intentions? I'd love to hear about them! Happy New Year!!

☮peace.♥love.☺joy

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogroll

simple mom Organizing JunkiePaisley&PrettiesbabyREAD - The BlogNo Time For Flash CardsFeels like home

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP